Total Pageviews

Story time with Davlin

Ok, as many of you know I recently got a new car back in November. Well, when coming to my vehicle last thursday in my work's parking lot I spied a note on my windshield. It read:

"I did some damage to your car in parking." It then left his name (who i will refer to as MD) and phone number. Sure enough upon examination of my car there was a dent in the rear passenger door, and my black car now has a two foot strip of white paint. Quite the eyesore.

Upon calling the number MD seemed very dismissive about the whole thing, and just told me to go to a buddy of his to get it fixed. Gee, thanks. After a rough weekend (that's another story altogether) I was left with 0 dollars and decided to aproach this guy with a deal: he could pay me a fair amount and i'd just let the whole thing go. I understood that i'd be taking a hit by not recieving the full payment, but fuck it, i wanted to eat. I called him up and the exchange went as follows.:

Me: Ok, i was wondering if you'd like to make a deal. You just pay me a sum of money and i'll just drop this whole thing.

MD: That sounds good, I just want to get this over with. What do you think sounds fair.

Me: Well, the door is dented, there's white paint on my black car, and i won't have a way around whilst the car is being repaired. I'll let it go for 200.

MD: (laughs) I'm not paying that much. I'll give you 100.

Me: OK, look. Since i do appreciate you leaving me a note, i'll meet you halfway. 150.

MD: I won't give you anything over 125.

Me: OK, you know what. You're forgetting one important thing here. You're not calling the shots. YOU hit MY car. I haven't had it three months yet and you already fucked it up. Since you're wanting to handle things this way, i'm assuming you either don't have insurance or don't wanna put this on yours. I don't mind getting my insurance involved in this, or reporting you to the cops if you don't have any. So here's the choices you've got. You can pay the entire price of my car from a auto shop I'm comfortable with and you won't get any kind of discount from, as well as paying to get me a rental car while it's getting fixed. We can go through the insurance meaning your payments will go up. Or you can give me 150 buck to fix YOUR mistake. I don't really care, I've got nothing to lose here, and i'm giving you a fair out on this. So, those are your options. It's up to you.

MD: I'll send you a check.

Me: Thanks, you're a sweetheart.

Can you believe this asshole? It blows my mind how even when some people are wrong, they still think they hold the cards. I only wish i was a whoremonger. That way i could mail him a picture of the money shot that his hard earned dollars bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment