Total Pageviews

Let’s get political

Ok, as you should all be aware, today is election day. I have decided to exercise my American right, and not vote. This enraged my step mother, who said that if I didn't vote, I didn't get to have a right to complain over the next four years. Yeah, well, a year ago, Doritos came out with several new flavors of chips, and they let the customers vote on which one they liked the best. The winner would become a permanent staple in their catalouge. I did not vote on any of them. Not once. But if I try the chip that made the cut, and don't like it, does that mean I can't voice my opinion saying so? Of course not. Why? Because her point is asinine.

Now, when it comes to voting in this year's election, I have several reasons why I have opted out. People tend to forget about what the candidates truly are: politicians. Politicians lie, and politicians don't give a fuck about you, or anyone you care about. Half of them are in the pockets of corporations and look out for their interest, not the common man's. I digress. Most of the campaign is spent double talking, pandering to whatever group they are speaking to, and endless waves of commercials saying how bad the other one is. As a result, neither one of them end of looking all that great. And I still have yet to hear them say up front what it is they hope to accomplish, and how they are going to do so.

Which brings me to the voters themselves. Most of them are ignorant, and refuse to do the neccesary research to see what the candidate's actual positions are. Instead, they just vote strictly for the reason that one's a black guy, or the other one for being a war vet that won't take away their guns and has a vice president who is "just a regular hockey mom just like you, don't you know". You're an idiot, and shouldn't vote, but it's your right, just like it's mine not to.

People have told me that it's my generation who will someday inherit to the world. I always respond with, "who says we want it"? Seriously, the world is fucked up. And you know what? I blame our parents and grandparents. They lived in the sixties and seventies, and got to have all the fun. Theirs was a generation of sex, drugs, and rock and roll. What did that leave us with? Stds, anti-depressants, and Cold Play. Their body chemistry was so messed up from all the stuff that they took, they needed to take pharmeceuticals just to balance out. That means we've been junkies since the womb, and need even more prescriptions just to function. We've all got ADD because TV commercials train our brains to only take information in thirty second increments. That explains why this blog has gotten away from me. I just don't think it's fair that we're dealing with the problems that are merely reprecussions of their free, happy-go-lucky lifestyles. We need to put them all in sub-par homes out of retaliation. Now, if possible.

Anyway, I'm not unpatriotic. I do love this country. The ideas on which it was built are some of the most noble in the existence of human history. But over time we have strayed away from that. It's incredibly naïve to think that just one man can change all of everything. One man can't change the world. In the last 25 years have any of the presidents been able to make that claim? Not that I can think of, and I'll tell you why. The process of checks and balances is our greatest asset/detriment. While they do stop just one man from making too many drastic decisions that will ruin our country, theyalso stop him from doing good if the other branches don't agree.

These are all just my opinions. I don't claim to be the smartest person in the world, this could all be horribly wrong, but it's how I see things. You're more than welcome to disagree. If you do, message me and we'll debate about it. However, if you only get your information from FOX news, all your points are automatically negated. Furthermore, none of you who enjoy the music of Cold Play deserve to have eardrums.

No comments:

Post a Comment