Total Pageviews

Is this goodbye?

The television is on but plays only static. This bottle of pills is empty, offering no relief. In my mind's eye i can see your picture. The edges are frayed and distorted, the result of a long and distant memory. The walls i've fought to tear down are slowly being reconstructed. Leaving only me in this shell. There is only the slightest crack, letting in little light and the smallest glimpse of a world outside my cage. I approach it and look through. On the other side is a hospital room. Monitors and tubes hooked up to a vessell that i once knew. The only sounds emmitted from this room come from the respirator, and a few other instruments. The EKG beeps once. Twice. And one last time before it holds it's note. It pierces through me. The last thing i see is a smile before the light is extinguished.

No comments:

Post a Comment