Total Pageviews

Me?

I've been keeping a low profile.

Because here's the thing. A year ago I talked a big game. I had a comic book that was going to be the biggest thing since since Preacher. I was about to pitch my first novel to a real agent who would buy my book, fly me out to L.A. and I would never have to see her again.

Almost a year later...I'm still here.

My artist kinda jumped ship on me a few months in. The agent told me to pull out the tampon and quit crying because no one on earth would ever voluntarily read my bitchy little emo book. Only, you know, in fancy big boy college words. And as for the girl who taught me the art of letting go? I still see her every fucking day at work. And you know what?

I'm ok with all of it.

For a few weeks there I thought I was slipping, but I took a look back at everything that has happened since then. First, there was the girl who couldn't handle knowing my secret and the one who finally embraced me in spite of it. Then, was me getting on stage for my first open mic night where I began to find my voice, but was set into a series of events that led to the loss of my dearest friend. I also recently exorcised the old (in)significances of April.

And I'm almost ready to tell you everything.

1 comment: