Total Pageviews

28 of my favorite posts

Click on titles for links.

1. Words
I do my best thinking in the car and it's a hard process to convert into words. This piece also inspired the name of my site, Bled Out Onto A Page

2. At the water's edge
This was my first attempt with an abstract narrative and it's hard to describe how I feel about it while still sounding humble. Read it.

3. An old friend, Mediatech and Liquid Sex
I wrote this three years ago and it's funny just how much has changed and yet stayed the same.

4. Hollow
Dedicated to my baby girl. I love you, angel.

5. Deja Vu
Even though I started out writing songs, I wouldn't call myself a songwriter. I do like this one.

6. Vicarious self reflection
Here's what someone once said about this piece, "You have a tremendous knack for telling us everything we need to know, but nothing that we want."

7. Maybe insomnia's not so bad, after all
I've got video of me performing this on my site. It will haunt you.

8. Epiphany in the static
I absolutely adore this one and it contains what I think is the best line I've ever written. "I think in white noise."

9. A transient affair
This was a fictional piece where I tried to capture the guilt ridden confusion felt once the afterglow of a one night stand had faded. I don't like that last sentence but I have a feeling I'm going to be doing this for awhile, so fuck it.

10. Mafioso's requiem
This work of fiction is much more brutal. Can you see what's really happening?

11. To the girl who taught me the art of letting go
You have no idea how good this felt to write or cathartic it is to perform.

12. After the tone
Speaking of performing, this is my most requested. Go see it on my site, it's cool I'll wait.

13. Bemoan
Some wounds take longer to heal than others.

14. My Brand New Coat
This was the first genuinely positive piece I'd posted on this blog. It was followed days later by...

15. Loss
I miss you, Mark.

16. Just a taste
I spent an hour on the second to last sentence.

17. Harbinger Ch. 10: We interrupt this broadcast
While I'd rather you didn't start this story here, I feel this chapter is the most powerful.

18. Expulsion
The sequel to "At the water's edge", only in this one I get rid of my soul.

19. An examination of some recent comments I have received
This is my most viewed post; a fact which makes me smile.

20. My favorite memory of her
This was my first attempt at remembering fondly instead of hatefully mourning.

21. This has been a long time coming
My thanks to all of my readers, even if it's like pulling teeth for conversation sometimes. I love you all.

22. My time in a mental hospital Part 1 and Part 2: My first night
A deeply personal story which I will finish when I'm ready.

23. With time
And along came you.

24. The moment I knew I was meant to be a writer
My origin story.

25. Feel. Release. Heal.
Yes, my website does need instructions.

26. Since that moment
Heartbreaking fiction.

27. For Ana
You can't read that one. It's hers.

28. This is what I want: A proclamation
To the future!

Fin.

1 comment: