Total Pageviews

Soundtrack To My Life: Sound of Pulling Heaven Down

She's standing on the balcony of our apartment with a cup of coffee, admiring the scenery. A full moon hangs low in the sky as the waves of the ocean caress the shore. A light breeze kisses her face and steam rises from the cup as she brings it to her lips. Inspired, I grab a blanket and my MP3 player before stepping outside to join her.

I walk up from behind and wrap her up in the blanket. Then I take one of my earbuds, place it in her ear and the other one in mine. I scroll through my inventory until I find the right song, "Sound Of Pulling Heaven Down" by Blue October and hit play. Immediately, we're taken away by the lyrics.

Somewhere, far away from here
I saw stars, stars that I could reach (yeah)
It was a midnight, a silent twilight
Fell down, beyond the ocean beach (yeah)

She allows herself to fall against me and I don't move an inch.

I assemble all the sand that cover wedding beaches
To build a castle so your mom would have a place to stay
Behind the water slide and down the hill where heaven reaches
Land and time is left to float away (yeah)

As I bring my arms around her we stare out onto the beach; the lyrics coming to life before our eyes.

So rest assured I have the key to every opening
To every wishing well that's deep enough to dream (dream)
I want to show you just how fascinating kissing is
When earth collides with all the space between (yeah)

Hands find each other in the dark and fingers interlock.

I'm reaching farther than I ever have before
Leaving all who broke your heart upon the shore
I may be some sort of crazy
We may be some sort of crazy
But I swear on everything I have and more

Her head leans back, causing our cheeks to connect. The warmth of her skin ignites the fire within me. The embrace tightens.

So never look behind you, spooky people bring you down
The world is ending there's a party by the bay
I'll wear my suit and tie when I am
I am toasting to the way you put that smile upon my face (yeah)

She places the cup on the table at her right and turns around to face me. With my right hand I brush the hair out of eyes and then leave it on her cheek.

Fill up the air balloon and ride with me
Yeah hell is jealous of the rain (rain)
Make love like time and space Is ending
While befriending fate's alluring way of putting us to shame

She moves closer and I bring my lips to meet hers. The world disappears behind closed lids and we get lost in the feel and taste of each other.

I'm reaching farther than I ever have before
Leaving all who broke your heart upon the shore
I may be some sort of crazy
We may be some sort of crazy
But I swear on everything I have and more

Her ear. Neck. Collarbone. Lips. I visit all of my favorite places.

You make the sound of pulling heaven down
You brought the rain's romantic pour
You make the sound
You make the sound
Of pulling heaven down

When the song reaches its climax, we're left breathless. I hit stop, pull the bud from her ear and go back inside, leaving her smiling through chattering teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment