Total Pageviews

First and Last: A collection

She recently told me how she reads the back cover along with the first and last sentences of every book she picks up to decide whether or not she's going to make the purchase. She then read those parts from "The Perks Of Being A Wallflower", our favorite book, as an example of how it should be done. Inspired, and never getting tired of my own shit, I present a collection of some of my pieces using this approach.

Click on titles for links.

1. Everything has a price
First: On my lunch break I got a call from my cousin asking me to pick her up from work.
Last: Good one, Jesus.

2. Never backpack through Cuba with Toucan Sam
First: I dreamed about Allison again last night.
Last: I don't know how to end this, as I'm just rambling, so I guess I'll just

3. The story of basic cable and Vampyros Lesbos
First: Writers note: Okay ladies, i'm about to let you inside the minds of males when left alone, or in groups.
Last: There you have it: an hour in the male mind.

4. Closure?
First: Fuck the past.
Last: I just can't dedicate any more time and energy into trying to make that happen.

5. For the best
First: "What exactly is it that you want out of life?"
Last: I’m finally able to admit, ten seconds too late.

6. Closure
First: It was two years ago that I started this job, the day I first saw you as well as your birthday.
Last: It's time to move forward.

7. Boundaries
First: I'm still not sure where you got all these notions.
Last: After all...you always hurt the one you love.

8. The search for inspiration
First: I've hit up every open mic for the past month now.
Last: I want that spark back.

9. First Impressions
First: When it comes to dating (or the start of any new relationship), first impressions can either be the perfect foundation to building something amazing, or can burn down that bridge and piss over the ashes.
Last: Just something to keep in mind while out in the trenches.

10. Me?
First: I've been keeping a low profile.
Last: And I'm almost ready to tell you everything.

11. I want my childhood back
First: I have a confession...I, Davlin Stewart, am a shameless nerd.
Last: Please, Platinum Dunes...don't take this one from me, too.

12. Dreams
First: I dreamt about her again last night.
Last: The thing is, though, since it's impossible to forget her, I've decided I want to remember her how I always liked her best; the way she is when she comes to me in my dreams.

13. Life isn't fair
First: It's a phrase I've heard and spoken my entire life.
Last: Life is fair, you just have to grow up and learn to take the bad with the good.

14. And now a collection of my status messages from Facebook. With commentary!
First: I've been kind of lax in my posts lately, but that's because so much has been going on.
Last: Well, that's been the last few months brought to you by Facebook.

15. Loss Pt. 2: The eulogy I wish I'd given
First: It's funny the difference a year can make.
Last: And I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. You are right. I do like this one. And 2 is my favorite. I remember the first time I read that one, I LOVED the last sentence. But like I said, your stuff I read straight through. I don't need to decide whether or not I would be interested in reading it.

    ReplyDelete