Total Pageviews

Pictures II

A couple of nights ago she sent me a picture of herself in a bikini while at the beach. As happy as I was to see her in such a skimpy outfit I saw something even better hidden deep within the image. So I cropped it into a panaronic image of her face on the far left followed by nothing but blue. I saved it as the background to my work computer because her beauty keeps me going when times get rough and gives me a future worth looking forward to.

I realized through a conversation with her how she really doesn't have any pictures of me and started to feel guilty. On the way home I brainstormed about the different aspects of my personality I wanted to capture. As soon as I got home I ate and went straight to work. I had just finished taking the first set when my phone rang. It was Bobby from The Brooks Institute. (A film school I've recently applied for)

Him: Hey, Davlin. I just wanted to let you know I got the app, but we're missing an initial and we need to get it in as soon as possible.

Me: Sorry about that, Bobby. I'll get it back to you first thing in the morning.

Him: No worries, man. What are you doing?

This is when I told him about my project and he seemed into it.

Me: I've been experimenting with photography for awhile now and I really like it.

Him: Good, there's going to be a lot of that in your future.

He informed me the "Director of Admissions" (believe that was her title) wanted to call me to give me a second interview and I should be expecting to hear from her in a few days.

We then bullshitted for a bit and I thanked him for checking out my site.

Him: No problem, man. It's good. You've written some serious stuff.

Me: I appreciate that. And thanks again for everything else.

Him: No worries. We're gonna do everything we can to get you in. Have a good night; we'll talk later.

Me: You too, man. Thanks. Bye.

I think the timing's finally about to be right. I can feel the planets and stars shifting into place. We're already on our way and soon we'll be able to see each other in more than just pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment