Total Pageviews

After The Tone...

Late night phone call,

you don't answer so I'll talk to your machine.

I rehearse what I want to say,

the cell shakes in my hand as I wait for the...

(Beep)

Hello, I know,

I haven't talked to you in some time.

And so you know,

things are ok, yeah, I guess I'm doin fine.

Even though it's one sided,

we desperately need to have this conversation.

I've been holding my breath waiting for some closure,

I fear I'll die soon from lack of oxygen.

Were you aware that you're just like me,

with all the secrets you've kept for awhile?

Now I'm ready to tell you the truth about last summer,

and all those dark months I lived in denial.

We never could agree on anything,

sometimes I think we thrived on the conflict.

Half hearted apologies,

could never repair the pain we'd inflict.

You always claimed that you were too damaged,

and didn't see how I could feel the things I felt.

But self deprecation's just another way,

of saying "I hate myself".

I think of all the times I layed in silence,

as I watched the the night bleed into the day.

We were only inches apart,

yet you still felt so far away.

Look...just call me back when you get this,

it's something I think we both need.

Let's get some closure from this,

can we just clear the air so I can breathe?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like something I wish I could have said so many times in my life. It never seems to work out quite so well. When someone backs out it's generally safe to say that they've found their own closure. I wish people would be curtious enough to give the other party the same chance, but no one seems to be willing. Instead there is one left in the dark suffocating. Eventually you've got to realise that all the closure you're getting is that person saying "Don't hold your breathe" Shitty as it ever is that's all they'll give you.

    ReplyDelete