Total Pageviews

The Lost Songs 5: Feel No More

Written: Sept 03
Inspiration: A friend of mine committed suicide and I was the last person to speak to him. This happened when I was 18, two months after I took the two medicine cabinets worth of pills.

Feel No More

You said you didn't,
want to live this life.
It wasn't fair,
and you'd rather die.
The bottle opens,
capsules on the floor.
You're gonna leave,
and feel no more.

Chorus:
I reached out my hand,
but you wouldn't take it.
The right decision was there,
but you just wouldn't make it.
What do you do when your,
prayers fall upon deaf ears?
And you're eaten alive,
by your worst fears?
If only I was there in time.
I'm so sorry that I failed you.
End Chorus:

The pills start to hurt,
as they go down dry.
With tear streaked eyes you,
look to God and ask him why,
there has to be so much pain.
And all my good intentions,
they are in vain.

Chorus 1x:

Flash forward,
to your grave.
Etched in stone,
is your fate and name.
All the people around you,
Gawk and stare.
If only you knew,
how many actually cared.
Things might have been different...
and not like this.

Chorus 1x:

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment