Total Pageviews

The Lost Songs 4: A Time Of Innocence

Written: December 2002
Inspiration: Not liking the person I was growing into.
Author's Note: I've mentioned this song in several prior posts and just realized I've never posted it. This not only became the template for every song after, but I feel it is one of my best.

A Time Of Innocence

Tonight is the night I’ve,
fallen from grace.
I’m looking' in the mirror and I,
don’t even recognize the face,
staring back at me.
Every single word I’ve spoken,
has been in blasphemy.
I’ve made so many mistakes and,
now just look at the cost.
Tonight is the night that,
all my innocence is lost.

Chorus:
So take me,
BACK,
to when I was younger.
BACK,
when you were wiser.
BACK,
to when nothing made any sense.
Just take me back,
to a time of innocence.
End Chorus:

We’d never let our parents get us down.
Who cares what they thought?
They were never around.
And in school I wondered why,
they always had to make you cry.
Or why they’d beat me to the ground,
left lying' in the mud where I was found.
We had each other from the start.
And our bond stayed strong,
as the world around us fell apart.

Chorus 1x:

And I don’t care about the future.
I don’t even care,
bout how we’ll get there.
Even though our lives have moved so fast,
we’ll always have the past.
And no matter what happens,
they can never take that.

Chorus 1x:

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment