Total Pageviews

An Inscrutable Conversation

CC, author of An Inscrutable Voyeur, just messaged me and it was one of the strangest conversations I've ever had.

CC: Can we talk?

Me: Sure. What's up?

CC: You said you've dealt with the supernatural. What happened to you?

Me: Well...bumps, voices, levitating objects, feelings of dread, attacks and molestations by things I can only describe as demons, an encounter with beings not of this world, multiple physical manifestations and a visit to hell. Though I'm not sure if that last one was genuine or the result of me taking two medicine cabinets worth of pills.

CC: Jesus, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Me: Was there a point to you messaging me or did you just want to be a judgmental prick?

CC: Oh, yeah. You know how some weird shit's been happening to me lately? It's gotten worse.

Me: How so?

CC: Well, about two hours ago I found another package. The words, "Watch ME", are written over it in black marker.

Me: Shit. Did you catch something on the surveillance tape?

CC: Yeah. I think I'm going crazy.

Me: What did you see?

CC: One moment there was nothing, then .02 seconds of static. Then it's just there. Nothing could move fast enough to put it there without being seen.

Me: I don't know what to say. Is there something wrong with the camera?

CC: There's nothing wrong with the fucking camera, okay? Something is happening to me and I don't know what to do.

Me: I think you need to watch it.

CC: Fuck that.

Me: Look, whatever is doing this isn't going to stop until it gets what it wants. The more you try to fight it, the more hostile it's going to become. Trust me on this one, watch it now or it's only going to get worse for you.

CC: I'm starting to lose my shit.

Me: That's understandable.

CC: I guess you're right, though. I'll watch it, but I need a day or two first.

Me: Keep me posted?

CC: Sure. Thanks for the advice or whatever it was.

Me: Before you leave, is it ok if I post this?

CC: Do you ever get a thought you don't have to post on the internet?

Me: Not lately, no.

CC: Fine, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment