Total Pageviews

The Lost Songs 7: A Day Late

Written: May 2007
Inspiration: A few people who've read this insist it's about suicide, but it's not. At the time, it was instead the most hopeful thing I'd ever written.
Significance: This was the first piece I posted here. I feel it is one of the top five best songs I've ever written and wanted to give those who haven't seen it a chance to in its final incarnation. It's also where I got the the name of my newest blog. Find the lyrics within and click them to find it.

A Day Late

My gas tank,
is almost runnin on empty.
And at times,
I think,
that the gauge is referring to me.
Cos I've reached the last leg,
the end of my rope.
The wounds have reopened,
and I am bleeding hope.
So what will it take to show you,
that I am trying to change?
I'd drive for miles and miles,
just to escape the pain.

Chorus:
Cos I realize,
what I lost.
A day late,
are all the battles that I've fought.
I know now,
never to take anything for granted.
Cos it's all gone.
And I'm just stuck here empty handed.
End Chorus:

But in this,
I've found love in living another day.
I've lost my faith but found my way.
Sometimes I wanna go back,
to when everything was perfect.
But how can you wish,
for something that never did exist?

Chorus: 1x

And I know I often act,
without reason or a rhyme.
Indulging in self destruction,
cos it helps to pass the time.
I get so overwhelmed that,
I wanna leave it all behind.
And a note of insincere apology,
just to give you some peace of mind.

Chorus 1x

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment