Total Pageviews

My favorite performance

It's always hard to pick a piece that will actually works live in front of an audience. From my experience, they react much better if you've got some sort of visual hook, as opposed to just standing there and reading from a piece of paper. The longer I did it, the more I stated really getting into it and finding different ways to bring the words to life. When going to my stuff, I found Maybe Insomnia's... and I knew I had the chance to do something special. This is the only one I ever spent weeks practicing and I was excited when I finally had the chance to do it in front of a room full of friends and strangers.

The open mic I was frequenting at the time was in this blues club in Deep Ellum called Tucker's Blues. I loved this place, though it had difficulty bringing in a crowd for most of them. On this particular night there was only one other artist and she went by the name "God's Poet" and she was spectacular, though it was also thing thing I hated to follow with my dark, depressing early work. Luckily I had 7 supporters with me and they made up the majority of the audience.

I introduced myself and went right into my set. The whole thing is recorded, but I'm to lazy to see what order I did everything in. However, I do know I closed with this one.

To see a video of the performance, click here

Some people have asked me if I knew what each segment of the dream means. Yes, I do and if you've read more than a few pieces of mine you would, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment