Total Pageviews

The Lost Songs 3: Something Like Happiness (Epic Suck)

Written: 2002 during Senior Year. DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNNNNN
Inspiration: Hormones and horrible taste in women.
Author's note: This is the second song I'd ever written, way back before I knew what I was doing. With a lot of my high school work, I extract a few lines here and there and put them into better songs. I'm posting this one unedited. This means it's both long as shit AND fucking awful. If you can put this to music in its entirety and make it sound good, I'll send you something.

Something Like Happiness

How do you like that,
knowing that my station in life,
is trying to pay you back?
You like to think that,
the world rests upon your shoulders.
And the load only gets heavier,
as you continue to grow older.
Everyone relies on you,
that's just the way you felt.
Never realized that you need to,
take sometime out for yourself.
All I ever wanted was,
for you to be happy.
I guess that's impossible because,
you have all of this responsibility.
You're wasting away here,
this town is dragging you down.
Your biggest fear,
is that the world would fall apart as soon as you weren't around.

Chorus:
And I'm about ready to,
cut off all my ties to you.
Then you'll go your way,
and I will go mine.
I'll lie to myself every day,
by sayin that I'm fine.
End Chorus:

I don't wanna be stuck,
bein your third or fourth choice.
I don't wanna live my life,
without having a voice.
So I'm gonna use this time,
to tel you all my feelings because,
I've heard yours and now you're gonna hear mine.
Getting over you,
was the hardest thing,
I've ever had to do.
And I keep putting myself in,
the position to,
be hurt all over again.
Is it really worth it to,
keep trying to be your friend?
Or should I just count my losses,
and allowed my wounds to mend?
Where does this leave us?
Two broken homes, two broken hearts,
and a lot of broken trust.
So, what do I do,
when all your lies,
turn out to be true?

Chorus 1x:

You were everything,
I ever wanted and more.
But once again you're gone,
and I'm more alone than before.
You told me every night,
you cry yourself to sleep.
But with me you were all right,
there was no reason to weep.
You turned out to be,
everything that you hated.
Regardless of what you meant to me.
You could never learn to,
just appreciate it.
Why do I waste my breath,
on all the things I say?
When you made it abundantly clear,
my opinion doesn't matter anyway.

Chorus 1x:

So we'll go to,
one bad relationship to another.
The only reason I think they fail,
is because we're not with each other.
But maybe there's something I missed,
because you make me feel.
Something like happiness.
And I'm about ready to,
cut off all my ties to you.
Then you'll go your way.
And I will go mine.
I'll lie to myself everyday,
by sayin that I'm fine.

End:

What a whiny bitch.

Oh, you're still here. Seriously, you read it all? Wow...good for you.

1 comment: