Total Pageviews

HSH Excerpt-Enjoy!

INT. DINER - AFTERNOON

The camera is sitting in one end of a booth. Right across are Kahleb and Katy. they are sitting rather close and appear completely comfortable with each other. They sit talking quietly.

KATY
(Concerned)
Where do you think Richie is? He was supposed to meet us here half an hour ago. It's weird, he's never late.

KAHLEB
Yeah, I know. He went to the bathroom after first, but he's been a ghost ever since. I hope nothing happened to him

KATY
(Angry now)
I swear, if those assholes jumped him again.

KAHLEB
(Trying to calm her down)
I'm sure he's ok. Probably just lost track of time. But listen. Since we're alone there's something I wanna talk to you about.

KATY
Ok, what's up?

We can see Richie approaching in the background. His face is red and there is blood on the neck of his shirt. The camera swings around to give us a view of both sides of the booth.

KAHLEB
We've been friends forever and-

Richie plops down in the empty side of the booth, and lays across it. His elbow is resting on the table, head in hand. Kahleb and Katy are now sitting a considerable distance away from each other.

RICHIE
(Devoid of emotion)
Hey guys.

KATY
(Sees the blood on Richie's shirt)
Jesus, what the hell happened?

RICHIE
It's been a really bad day.

KAHLEB
They jump you again?

RICHIE
Yeah, and it was one of the highlights.

KATY
What do you mean?

RICHIE
I've seen things.

KAHLEB
What kind of things?

RICHIE
Terrible things. Stuff no one should ever have to see.

KATY
Care to elaborate?

Richie stares at her blankly for a few seconds. He opens his mouth, but then shuts it before any words come out. He sits up and looks at his friends.

RICHIE
Fuck. I don't even know if I can say it. I don't think you can handle the burden of my newfound knowledge.

KAHLEB
(Grows impatient)
Just tell us already!

RICHIE
All right. But I warned you.
(Takes a deep breath)
I caught Chase humping another guy in the bathroom after first period.

KATY
I fucking knew it!

KAHLEB
(In unison with Katy)
Bullshit.

RICHIE
It's the truth man.

KATY
(Very excited at this recent development)
Tell me everything!

KAHLEB
Why do you want to know the details?

KATY
Morbid curiousity, just shut up.
(To Richie)
Now, continue.

RICHIE
Well, I went to the bathroom after first. While I was pissing I heard noises coming from one of the stalls.

KATY
(Fully immersed in the story)
What kind of noises?

RICHIE
They were just noises ok? Can't we just leave it at that?

KATY
Ok, fine. Go on.

RICHIE
I was just gonna let it go, walk out, and go to class. But that's when I heard Chase speak.

KAHLEB
(Now into the story as well)
What'd he say?

RICHIE
(Flustered)
I'm not gonna repeat it! It was pretty graphic, though. And you know me, never one to miss out on such a golden opportunity. I kicked the door in.

KATY
(Squeals with glee)
YOU DIDN'T!

RICHIE
I did. And there he was with Marcus, giving him all he had.

KAHLEB
Who?

RICHIE
Marcus. You know, the feminine guy that works at hot topic.

KAHLEB
(With excitement)
OH
(Voice lower now that the picture is in his head)
Oh.
(Shudders)
Ewww.

KATY
(Laughs)
That must have been quite the sight.

RICHIE
Yeah, still burned into my fuckin retinas.

KAHLEB
So what happened after that?

RICHIE
Well, Marcus ran out with his pants around his ankles. Then Chase punched me in the stomach and said that if i told anyone he'd kick my ass.

KAHLEB
Just kick right? Nothing else?

RICHIE
(Laughs)
That's exactly what I asked him.

KATY
That's priceless. I called it, too. I knew he had something to hide.

KAHLEB
(Desperate to change the subject)
So where've you been all day?

RICHIE
I didn't exactly feel like going to class in my traumatized state, so I just took the day off and went to the movies.

KAHLEB
(In shock)
You...skipped class?

RICHIE
Yeah, my parents are gonna kill me.

KATY
Wait, so why's your shirt bloody? You said Chase hit you in the stomach.

Richie goes quiet. He is looking down at the table, his hands cupped together.

RICHIE
That happened later. I realized that I forgot something in my locker, so I went back to school to get it. That's when Christian caught up with me. You can fill in those blanks yourself.

KAHLEB
You gonna be alright man?

RICHIE
Yeah, i just...

Richie buries his head into his hands and begins to sobs. Katy exits her booth and takes the seat next to Richie. The Camera swings behind Kahleb to give us a better shot of the other two. Katy puts her arm around Richie, and he rests his head on her shoulder.

RICHIE
(Crying)
I just wish they'd stop.

1 comment:

  1. i don't know why i find this so interesting.

    ReplyDelete