Total Pageviews

Ennui

Saturday night...

I remember a couple of years ago when I'd look forward to the weekends. It always meant being out all night with a bunch of friends in a bar or some other random place. Now it feels like I spend most of them companionless. Almost like it happened over night.

I don't know if it's just what happens as you get older, or if it's just the way the cards fell. A few of the friends I have are married, which fills up most of their time. Some have conflicting schedules and the others, well, I didn't much like in the first place.

It's times like this that I get lonely. I miss the excitement a night out could bring. Getting ready for the evening and unknown adventures that would almost certainly take place. Now they're spent in front of a screen, be it computer or television. I wanna get out of this rut.

It's kind of hard to meet new people when you get older, though. The two places in life that it's the easiest to do so are school and work. School's out and all my co-workers are considerably older. Shit, I've only killed five minutes doing this.

Now that I think about it, this is the first time in over a week that I've just been able to kind of hang back. I should relish it, but idle time is never a good thing. It lets the mind wander and that's something to be avoided. Ugh...I'm starting to prefer being at work. How the hell did that happen?

1 comment:

  1. I like being at work too. As long as it's busy. If it's not, I could just sit there and dwell and that's not any good at all. Who'd have thought we'd ever PREFER being at work? Geesh.

    ReplyDelete