Total Pageviews

Please, I really need your help.

All I want in this world is to be a writer. I guess I already am in the loosest sense of the term, but I want to do it professionally. I've already written my first book and I'm trying to get it published. It's not easy. I need some way to make noise and I've come up with a few ideas.

This is where you come in. (Don't worry, I'm not asking for money. Not turning it down either, though) I've had coversations with you, Danni and Secret Blogger. You've both told me that this stuff has helped you out, however mildly. I want to be able to do that for as many people as I can, but that can never happen if no one knows how to find it. All I'm asking is that if you dig what you read here, just pass it on. Tell people about it. Scratch the web address (http://www.davlinisnotyourfriend.blogspot.com/) on bathroom walls. Write on the foreheads of hobos as they sleep. I don't care, just please help me get the word out. If I make enough noise, maybe something big will happen. I also don't forget those that help and support what I do.

I also wanted to let you know about something that's going to be taking place in this blog. I've been working on three projects, all of which I've put excerpts on here. (HSH, The Mark and Harbinger) The Mark is a book that I've been working on since I was seventeen, and the prologue is all that I'll put on here. I'm like a drug dealer, that first taste is all that's free. However, I will be releasing the prequel, Harbinger, episodically on this website. Look for the first chapter in the next day or so. The ultimate goal is to turn this into a graphic novel, but the story will be told here first. When the mark does get published I want to release a companion book with it. It will be a collection of stories set during the storm that takes place in the prologue. It will be a chance for unknown writers to make a name for themselves and it's something I'm excited about. There will still be the usual stuff you've come to expect from this blog, but there will also be much more.

Spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment