Total Pageviews

Just something I had in my head, will try to finish later...

In honor of Eminem's new album, Recovery, I wanted to try and write a rap. This is just the rough cut.



I can feel it building up again,

This smile I wear, my facade, is wearing thin.


I can see them talking,

'cause their eyes say so much more,

than their mouths ever could.

I try giving a little smile,

but they know it isn't real,

so it never does any good.

The second I pass by,

they start in with the,

whispering behind my back.

Is this finally it?

Is today gonna be the day,

that the lunatic snaps?


I can feel it building up again,

This smile I wear, my facade, is wearing thin.

But I don’t feel like sharing,

Cuz I’m sick of caring,

And all these people staring,

Just makes it worse.

Instead of making progress,

lately I feel like,

it's all going in reverse.


You told me that when I’m down,

You don’t like having me around.

Which means there’s no solace to be found.

So, let’s quit wasting time and just burn this to the ground.

Oh, so now I’ve got your attention,

But it’s a little too late for that, now.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this. It's good to see you writing again.

    ReplyDelete