Total Pageviews

Following the dream

I've finally found a company to publish my book. Not only will they help me design it from cover to cover, they'll also publish it, put it on Amazon.com, handle advertising and send it to reviewers. They'll even give me ten free copies for the fuck of it. I've looked them up online and they have a high rating with the better business bureau. The drawback? They're not going to do it for free.

Welcome to the world of self publishing. Where, for a mere $999 you can put out any book you want, because you're doing it on your own dime. You can make it big this way, but you'll be forever scorned, because you didn't have to sell your soul in order to do it. You also get to take risks others don't, because you're spending your own money. This gives you complete control. Suddenly, 999 doesn't seem like such a bad idea after all.

Out of all the extravagant "make it big" schemes I've had over the past year, this one makes the most sense. I'm sick of talking about being a writer. I'm ready to fucking do it already. I'm ready to fail or succeed based on nothing more than the strength of my talent.

So now, I'm going to finish the book and get the money. There are simply no other options if I want to become a successful writer. If there even is really such a thing.

To all my fans and other people I don't know:

I'm serious about this. You can send me your prayers if you'd like, but donations would be nice, too!

No, panhandling online is not beneath me.

No comments:

Post a Comment